If I am falsely reported for abusing my child, what should I do?

Des Moines, IA |

Recently, my neighbor reported me for child abuse for leaving my 12 year-old unattended. It wasn't more than half hour I was gone to run errands while she stayed in backyards. If I am falsely reported for abusing my child, what should I do?

.

1. If there are no agencies tryng to or threatening to investigate you, nothing. If there is an investigation now underway, retiain competent dependency attorney asap and do wht he or she tells you to do, including or not talking to a CPS nvestigator.
    If this response was helpful, please so indicate.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

2. You should contact a local attorney ASAP - and you should not post admissions of misconduct on AVVO or anywhere else.