If i am deported and applying for visa does this affect my case? will i get my visa ?>

Columbus, OH |

i just finished my interview today ! i have been deported ... what that are the chances i will receive visa ? i also had a lawyer but he didn't show up for the appointment ? is that bad ! he knew he was suppose to come ... any help ?

It apperas that you where deported wtihout your previous knowledge. If you were deported in absence, that case can be reoepened. An alien who has been deported usually requires a waiver or pardon. It is form I-212 to obtain "consent to reapply for admission" that is required before the alien can lawfully return to the United States. "Consent to reapply" is also called "permission to reapply." Call your attorney to figure out why he did not show up. You can ask him for your money back and or you can file a complaint before the State Bar if he was negligent in your representation. Contact a reputable immigration attorney immediately to discuss your options.

2. Of course the fact that you were deported will affect your chances of receiving a visa. Depending on the grounds for the deportation and the time since you were deported, you may not even be eligible for a visa.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Mr. Ferrari and Mr. Gonzalez are correct in their responses. You need to consult with an experienced immigration attorney who can thoroughly review your case and advise you as to what needs be done. You should also discuss filing a complaint against the attorney who failed to appear at your hearing. Don't waste time; you need to attend to this immediately.

Good luck!

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. A consultation with an experienced attorney is always the best way to go.

4. Slow down. An interview at CIS does not usually equate to an order of removal. If you had a hearing before an immigration judge and he or she ordered you removed, you still have to appeal or file a motion to reopen.

Hire a new lawyer.