Skip to main content

If I am convicted of a DUI with above .16 and with drugs in my system can I still be accepted into the ARD program?

State College, PA |

I was pulled over for speeding, 45 and a 25, I have no prior offenses and am currently a student with a 3.9 gpa and have been accepted into medical school starting in the fall. Will the fact that I have a clean record and prove that I am an excellent student help when considering my case. Not being able to use the ARD program could potentially ruin my future career in medicine.

Attorney Answers 6

  1. Yes you can still be accepted into the ARD program with a BAC if above a .16 with drugs in your system. This would NOT considered a conviction which is one of the benefits of ARD. ARD is up to each individual District Attorney's office and each case is different. I would strongly suggest you contact an attorney that practices in the County where this happened and to go over all possible defenses as well as possible outcomes including ARD.

  2. Sure you can get in. Probably will to. Talk to an attorney about possibly getting the "tier" lowered at your preliminary hearing also. Would be a great service.

    Basil Beck

  3. I agree with what has been said thus far. ARD is a diversion program administered by the DA's Office in Centre County. The prospects of you being offered ARD will best be assessed by a lawyer who regularly practices in your county. The are some very skilled attorneys in your area who participate here. I highly recommend that you reach out to one or more of them to speak privately and confidentially about your circumstances. While you wait for one of them to respond, you might make use of this website's lawyer search feature to proactively locate suitable counsel. The Profile Page for each attorney will have contact information for your use. Good luck.

  4. I agree with my colleagues. ARD likely, especially if he is represented. Y an experienced criminal defense attorney.

  5. I have been a criminal defense lawyer in Centre County since 2004, so I have handled many cases similar to yours in this area. I would want to review your paperwork to see if any issues arise with regard to the possibility of having your case dismissed. Based upon the limited facts that you have presented, I believe that you would be an ideal candidate for ARD in this county. Over the years, I have represented many students that wanted to become professionals, be it lawyers, doctors, engineers.... If you have additional questions or concerns, feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

    Jason S. Dunkle, Esquire
    JD Law, P.C.
    State College, PA
    (814) 954-7622

    The responses provided on this site are intended for informational purposes only and should not be construed as providing legal advice regarding an individual situation. No attorney-client relationship is created between the reader and JD Law, P.C.

  6. You have been given excellent advice on your situation. Follow it.

DUI topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics