If I am being charged with residential burglary a couple times. But I haven't been to prison once in my life how much jail time?

Asked over 1 year ago - Tacoma, WA

I commuted the crime or crimes because I was addicted to pills percolate 30 and I haven't been to prison in my life . And I think I don't have many points how much jail time am I to facing ? Wat can I do to get less jail time ?

1. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

1

Answered . When you get an attorney, either court appointed or hired, all you have to do is give the person a print out or explain your criminal history to him/her and then compare what you are charged with now and that will give you your range of time. A person needs all of this info in order to figure out your offender score. Additionally, at times there are cases that a person has that don't count any longer for offender score purposes so that has to be factored in as well.

2. Dennis James Dressler

1

Answered . In addition to the information provided by Mr. Earl there is also one other possible factor. You said you haven't been to prison once in your life. That leads me to believe that you may have been previously arrested and possibly convicted but did not get sent to prison. Those will add to an offender score and if any of the previous convictions were also for burglary the count double against other burglary charges. Have you asked for an attorney yet? If not, do so right away.

3. Philip Edward Thornton

1

Answered . Residential Burglary is a nonviolent Class B felony. The maximum sentence for a Class B felony is 10 years of incarceration and up to a $20,000 fine. Washington State has a determinative sentencing grid based upon the seriousness level of the offense and a person's prior criminal history. The seriousness level of Residential Burglary in the First Degree is a Level IV. For an offender who has no prior criminal history, the standard sentencing range is 3 to 9 months. The Washington State statute also provides for a consideration of "other current offenses" to be factored into a person's Offender Score. In some instances, convictions for multiple similar current crimes can increase your offender score thus increasing the potential standard range sentence. There are a number of sentencing alternatives available to the sentencing court such as electronic home monitoring, community service, and work release. You should consult with a lawyer about the likelihood of conviction, lesser included offenses, and sentencing options available in your specific case. Every case is unique and present its own set of mitigating facts. These can always be presented at the time of sentencing if there is a conviction.