If I am advertising on TV for a STORE that sells prescription medication, are there any limitations to what I can say?

Asked 12 months ago - Fort Myers, FL

A client of mine believes we can not advertise that the medications sold are "FDA-Approved." Is there any resource I can use to look up if this is true or not? I've looked at the US FDA website, but those seem to cover commercials that advertise a particular drug-not commercials that advertise a store that sells FDA-Approved medication. Thanks so much for any help!

1. Jason S. Myatt

Answered . The other attorney is absolutely right. Not only are there FDA issues, there are federal and state direct marketing procedures you are going to have to look at to make sure your commercial is compliant.

2. Alexander Mchenry Memmen

1

Answered . You NEED to speak to an attorney who specializes in FDA issues. The facts you've laid out here are too sparse to give you any sort of real answer. You can expect to have to pay a retainer to get good legal advise on a question of this magnitude.