Skip to main content

If I am AB109 can I see a judge and get sentence modified

Valley Center, CA |

I was sentenced to 16 mos and had over 400 credits at sentencing than did 9 actual months I want to be released from ab109 I did my time

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Can you see a judge to get your sentence modified if you are under AB109? No, if you think AB109 provides for this.

    By the way, if you are on the Internet, aren't you released from jail already? Is this question moot?

    If your sentence is subject to Assembly Bill 109, it merely means that you will serve your sentence in county jail to ease prison overcrowding. When you say, "I want to be released from AB109," this suggests you want to go to state prison.

    What crime were you convicted of, leading to the 16 month sentence? Did you waive credits at sentencing? Did you pick up any new charges while in custody?

    If you had over a year of credit towards a 16 month sentence and then served nine more months, you should be out. Something is amiss and AB109 has nothing to do with it and it is not a solution to you.

  2. You should get in touch with the attorney who represented you to assist you with this.

  3. No if you are already on AB 109.


  4. Contact your attorney, it's possible that the credits are incorrect. Good luck.

    The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

  5. Step one is contacting the attorney who originally represented you. If you are unable or unwilling to do so, then you should consult with a locally experienced criminal defense attorney who may be able to pull your file and advise you accordingly.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics