If i am a plaintiff in a auto accident that is going to trial can i attend if i am incarcerated

Palmyra, PA |

i was hit by a drunk driver and i am more than likely going to trial but i am looking at going to jail for something else unrelated if i am in jail while i am scheduled to be in court for the auto accident can i be there if i am in jail

Yes -- but your attorney will need to make those accommodations.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

That can probably be arranged, but if not, the case can probably be adjourned until you are released. It would probably be better under the circumstances to resolve the case first. Have this discussion with your attorney to determine the best way to proceed under all of the circumstances.

Your attorney should probably be able to get a court order to get you to the trial. If you go to the county prison in the same county as the trial the sheriff can probably transport you back and forth each day. If you go to a prison in another county you probably want to have the court order state that you be held in the county prison where the trial is until the trial is over. You shoul discuss this with your personal injury lawyer and your criminal lawyer prior to your plea or sentencing or both.

Speak to your lawyer about arrangements

Recommended articles about Lawsuits and disputes