If i am a permanent resident and i petion for my husband form I-130? MPlease le me know if my husband has to leave US?

His status is a visitor as of right now and his I-194 will expire next month. Please let me know if he has to go back home? Thank You

Bronx, NY -

Carl Michael Shusterman

Carl Michael Shusterman

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Yes he will unless he can change his status to H-1B professional worker or L-1 intracompany transferee. The process of getting a green card through marriage to a permanent resident takes 4 years.

However, if you become a U.S. citizen, he can get his green card without leaving the U.S.

Please see

Nikiki Tavia Bogle

Nikiki Tavia Bogle

Immigration Attorney - Boston, MA

Yes, unless he adjusts his status to another nonimmigrant visa category or files an extension that is approved.

If you are eligible to be a U.S. citizen, you may apply for U.S. citizenship and once approved, file petition for your husband as an immediate relative. It will take a lot less time than waiting years for a visa number to be available under your green card status.

For more information, contact our Immigration Law Firm for a confidential consultation.

Good luck to you.

Immigration Legal Team
Bogle & Chang, LLC
Email: ntb@boglechang.com
Phone: (800) 342-1733 ext. 101
Website: www.immigrationlegalteam.com

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

Yes he will. If he falls out of status, he will not be able to adjust his status once his priority date becomes current.