If i am 18 years old and have an upincoming juvinale court date in august, what are the courts options for proceding w/ my case?

Asked about 2 years ago - Ashland, KY

i have a 4th degree assult charge and have been in these courts for more then two years.

1. Daniel Nelson Deasy

2

Answered . First things first -- retain counsel to assist you. I presume that because you are pointing out that you are now 18, the delinquent act with which you are charged occured when you were 17 years old. Your attorney will be able to let you know how you will be treated.

2. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . Assault 4, is a class A misdemeanor and carries a penalty of up to 365 days in jail and/or a fine of up to $500.00 plus court costs of about $135.00 AS AN ADULT. I assume from your post you were a juvenile when charged. I further assume you have retained a criminal defense attorney in your area, if not, do so ASAP. The prosecutor will review the facts with the police and the prosecuting witness(s), review your prior juvenile court contacts/record and speak with your attorney about you side of the case. Options include informal adjustment, an admission, a sentence to serve in a juvenile facility, volunteer hours to perform, counseling, etc. depending on the facts, or a trial by the judge.