If I am 16 and dating a 21 year old can he go to jail if I get pregnant?

Gainesville, FL |

I will be 17 before the baby would be born.

No. You can research this site for the thousands of other answers to this same question on this site.

So he would not be imprisoned? That's my concern. He was my nest friend before my b/f

Regina Laverne Wright

Regina Laverne Wright

It is not against the law for you to have sexual relations under these facts.

Oh ok. Just wanna be sure

No it is legal for a 16 year old to "date" a 21 year old. Since you appear to be getting ready to "date" you should really protect yourself from getting pregnant. Perhaps you should talk to a responsible adult about this situation.

Ms. Wright gives good advice. It is legal, but you have MUCH bigger issues here and you need to talk about pregnancy and other personal issues with an adult you trust.

Yes: http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=0800-0899/0827/Sections/0827.04.html

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.