If George Zimmerman called you would you represent him?

Winter Springs, FL |
Filed under: Criminal defense

?

1. Seriously this isn't the place for this but to answer your question I would have to say yes. Everyone is entitled to an attorney even people like you.

2. Yes. Everyone needs their rights protected. This case is a tragedy, and I feel horrible for Trayvon Martin's family. But this is America where you are presumed innocent until proven guilty.

http://www.defendme.net | The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Florida. Responses are based solely on Florida law unless stated otherwise.

3. It would cost him too much because it's going to be a circus. Maybe some benefactor will come to his aid....

4. At the risk of being provocative, my answer would be "yes". The problem is that no one was there who is alive to tell us what happened. Mr. Martin is gone and can not be brought back to life. That is the tragedy. Do we do another tragedy by improperly convicting Zimmerman in the Court of public opinion?
    Remember the Duke LaCross team? Or that young guy at the Atlanta Olympics? Or how many prisoners are released when DNA evidence is evaluated? We just had a fellow released after 19 years or so, and that was after a full trial.

I will tell you who I would not be willing to represent--the Sanford Police Department!

I hope you found this response to be of assistance. This response shall not be considered the rendering of legal advise but instead a general response to a general question. While Avvo is a wonderful resource, nothing can be a substitute for an in-depth consultation with an attorney in the jurisdiction in which the law is to be applied. This response shall not be deemed to create an attorney-client relationship, nor shall it create an obligation on the part of the attorney to respond to further inquiry from the questioner.

5. Good question. I assert my rights under the fifth amendment of the United States Constitution on the grounds that my answer may tend to incriminate me.

6. It hardly seems proper to discuss a specific case or any particular person. In general, however, I would certainly talk to anyone charged with an highly unpopular crime just as I would to any other potential client, with a view towards accepting the case if the client and I were able to work together. That having been said, I would have a major problem representing a client who talks about a case in public or posts about it online. My firm orders would be to discuss the case with absolutely nobody, and I would withdraw as counsel if those instructions were disregarded. A client who wants to go public can do it on somebody else's watch, not on mine.

7. Every person in this country is entitled to his day in court and is innocent until proven guilty. We must look at all the facts and circumstances before we rush to judgment. There may be a legitimate defense that Mr. Zimmerman may be able to assert which is applicable to all the citizens of Florida.