If filing a concurrent application (Form I-130 & I-485), is the applicant still required to pay $85 for biometrics?

Stockton, CA |

Based on the preceding question, filing of G-325A is required for filing I-130 and doesn't require a "stand alone" fee. It's included in the $420 filing fee. However, filing of I-485 does require a fee of $85 for the biometrics. Can someone please clarify? Thank you.

1. $420 for the I-130 and $1070 for I-485 if biometrics required (ages 14-79 require it, if not in this age group, then I-485 fees are $985. Good luck with the application.

The answer above is for informational purposes only and is not intended to provide legal advice or form an attorney-client relationship. The above response should not be relied upon for any specific situation. If you need legal advice specific to your needs, you should consult with a licensed attorney.

2. For the I-485 you need to file a fee of $1070 so your application will be accepted. It is best to consult an immigration attorney.

Alexus P. Sham alexuspshamesq@gmail.com (917) 498-9009. The above information is only general in nature and does not constitute legal advice. It does not create an attorney-client relationship.

3. The $1070 filing fee for the I-485 includes $85 for biometrics.

--
    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

Education law topics