If Employer A withdraws approved I-140 then what happens to pending I-485? Will it still be linked to 2nd approved I-140 from B?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Aurora, IL

From Employer A got PERM/I-140 approved in EB 3 and I-485 pending over 180 days. Still working with A.

From Employer B got PERM/I-140 approved in EB 2. I will work in future.

I got two approved I-140s in EB 3 and EB 2 from two different employers. Both approved I-140s got linked to same pending I-485 filed with Employer A.

I am thinking of moving to Employer B now and work for him.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . Good question. Complicated issue. Requires close analysis of facts. Theoretically speaking substitution is possible and done routinely but requires expertise of an attorney to be done right

2. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . In theory, nothing should happen.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

5

Answered . Complicated scenario. If you wish to port, have your case reviewed by a competent immigration attorney to check if the job fits the category.

4. Sasha O. Lazarevich-Sinnott

1

Answered . You need to have an attorney conduct a detailed review of the facts.

One or more answers have been taken down.