If EEOC and Florida Commission on Human Relations find no cause in your discrimination claim and you don't pursue it any further

Asked over 2 years ago - Melbourne, FL

Then will a potential employer be able to find out you filed with them or/and find out about the no cause through a background check?

1. Steven L Rubin

1

1

Answered . I have never seen an EEOC claim show up on a background check. That doesn't mean it can't happen, but it just does not seem likely.

2. Marilynn Mika Spencer

2

1

Answered . I am a California attorney and not eligible to give legal advice in your state. My comments are for information only, based on federal law and general legal principles. YOUR STATE MAY HAVE ITS OWN LAWS THAT PROVIDE SIMILAR OR GREATER PROTECTION. If I refer to your state's laws, that only means I did a quick Internet search and found something that appeared relevant. You should not rely on any comment I make regarding your state's law. You MUST check with an attorney licensed in your state.

I am responding only with respect to the EEOC as I am not familiar with Florida law or practice.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) www.eeoc.gov is a federal administrative agency. The names of parties to EEOC claims are not listed or compiled on any public site. The EEOC case files are not open to the public as are court files. A potential employer would have to know the claim existed and request a copy of the file under the Freedom of Information Act in order to get ahold of this information.

3. George Ellis Corson IV

1

1

Answered . I don't see a mere Administrative complaint showing up on a background investigation.

Attorneys are very competitive. Choose the Best Answer so we know who helped you the most.