If during a police investigation my ISP is subpoenaed, am I entitled to know about it or is it kept a secret?

Clackamas, OR |

I was recently questioned by the police in an 'interview room'. They presented me with a formidable stack of paper work with my ISP's logo on it (Comcast) and these papers purportedly showed them all of my browsing history. From my knowledge, the only way they could obtain this data is by subpoenaing my ISP. If this were the case, would my ISP notify me? I called my ISP after I was questioned and they said they had no record of a subpoena or any other request for information. Did the police make the whole thing up?

The police commonly make things up. Don't speak to anyone about this and get an attorney immediately so they can help run interference.

No attorney-client relationship is formed by this communication. Any recommendation/information given through Avvo should be considered only as opinion until an attorney-client relationship is created.

No way to know.

Recommend you hire an attorney to defend youself immediately.

READ THIS BEFORE CALLING OR EMAILING ME: I am licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. We have not established an attorney-client relationship unless we have a signed representation agreement and you have paid me. I am providing educational instruction only--not legal advice. You should speak with an attorney to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. I am not obligated to answer subsequent emails or phone calls unless you have hired me. I wish you the best of luck with your situation.