If Driver A is at fault and Driver B accepts the insurance settlement, can Driver B's passengers still sue?

Asked over 5 years ago - Texas

1. Richard Emory Mcgary

1

1

Answered . Generally speaking yes Driver B's passenger can still sue Driver A, as well as Driver B. If I were representing the passenger, I would sue both. The only way the passenger would not be able to sue is if Driver B somehow had the authority to release the claims of the passenger against Driver A.

2. Jason Brandt Stephens

Pro

1

Answered . Absolutely, so long as Driver B isn't the parent or guardian of his passengers and doesn't sign a broad settlement releasing the claims of his kids or guardians. Feel free to call if you'd like to discuss further. Jason Stephens (817)920-9000.

3. Lars A. Lundeen

Pro

1

1

Answered . As I am licensed in Florida and Vermont, I cannot offer you specific legal advice as to Texas state law. However, the settlement by driver B in no way affects the ability of B's passenger to sue you.