If deposition is scheduled on May 1. When is the last day to serve an objection?

Van Nuys, CA |

Is Apr 29 within 3 days? Can it be served by mail so that it will be received on Monday?

1. No, April 29 is not "least three calendar days prior" to May 1. Your last day to personally serve notice of objection is Sunday the 28th. That may be impossible. You need to personally serve it today on the party who noticed the deposition. Your better course of action is simply to discuss your objections with opposing counsel and come to an accommodation. See Code of Civil Procedure § 2025.410 for timing and service requirements.

I am licensed in California only and my answers on Avvo assume California law. Answers provided by me are for general information only. They are not legal advice. Answers must not be relied upon. Legal advice must be based on the interplay between specific exact facts and the law. This forum does not allow for the discussion of that interplay. My answer to any specific question would likely be different if that interplay were explored during an attorney-client relationship. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. The communications on this website are not privileged or confidential and I assume no duty to anyone by my participation on Avvo or because I have answered or commented on a question. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice. Also, see Avvo's terms and conditions of use, specifically item 9, incorporated by this reference