If cps takes tempory custody of a child do they have to notify the non custodial parent right away

Tucson, AZ |

my daughter was taken by cps on friday they asked for her dads number to notify him about it but has not called him i want to know if there is a time period that they need to notify him i have already told him about it but they have not called him

1. I do not know the time frame on that. I know they have to notify the custodial parent immediately; with the noncustodial parent, I don't think it has the same urgency, therefore they likely will make attempts to contact the noncustodial parent once the custodial parent has been notified.

This post should not be construed as formal legal advice or the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.<br /> <a href="http://www.joanbundy.com" target="_blank">www.joanbundy.com</a>

Child custody topics