If convicted of driving without interlock device, do most people who plead guilty to this get jail time, or just revocation.

Asked about 1 year ago - Westminster, CO

If I plead guilty to driving a vehicle without an interlock, in Colorado, is it a mandatory jail sentence

1. Rhidian David Watson Orr

8

Answered . Driving without interlock is a class 1 traffic misdemeanor. It does not carry mandatory jail, but jail is a realistic possibility. You are also facing a license revocation of 1 year or the length of time remaining on the restricted license, whichever is longer.

These cases are hard to fight if the officer had a lawfully reason to contact you, but if you want to ensure that you get the best outcome possible you should consider hiring an experienced traffic attorney.

2. Brian B. Boal

Pro

5

Answered . Don't have much to add to what Mr. Orr already said. The maximum jail sentence for the offense is 18 months.

3. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

4

Answered . Before pleading guilty I would suggest you consult with an experienced DUI attorney in your area to discuss your options. Best of luck.

This is not intended as legal advice. No attorney / client relationship exists because of this response.