If Church helps me out financially, do I have to disclose that as income while filing for bankruptcy?

Asked 8 months ago - Tampa, FL

I am self-employed, working odd jobs without any government benefit. Sometimes Church helps me with 100$ or 200$. Should I list that as income in filing for bankruptcy?

1. Shaye Larkin

8

Answered . Yes, this needs to be disclosed in the income section of Statement of Financial Affairs. If I was preparing your case I would also include this money on the means test to the extent it was received within the 6 months prior to filing bankruptcy. This may or may not be required depending on your jurisdiction. I would not include it on Schedule I if there is no guarantee you will receive this income in the future, but if you regularly receive this money then I would also include it on Schedule I.

2. Timothy J Sierra

4

Answered . yes, include it in the amount of income you have received in the last six months, and your statement of financial affairs.

3. Richard D. Granvold

Pro

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . THe attorneys have fully answered..however, I wanted to add that you asked "should I list ""that"" as income in filing for bankruptcy". If by the word that..are you referring to both the odd jobs and the gifts from the church? Odd jobs listed in all spots..Statement of Financial Affairs, Means test if within last 6 months (but list expenses also) and if received periodically estimate pro rate amount per month for current income. The Church income gifts I also would list EVERYWHERE as in most cases in your situation (assuming your "odd jobs" is not much money and nowhere near exceeding the means test) in all the same spots also. As a result, it is fully disclosed so impossibly to state you are hiding anything! Good luck..and I hope you find more odd jobs too.

4. Christine B. Adams

Pro

5

Answered . Yes, as all of the other attorney's have already stated. It will not effect your ability to file or hinder anything. One of the most important purposes it to disclose and the honest debtor will be discharge from their creditors. Good Luck.

5. Kevin Christopher Gleason

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, if you have to ask whether to disclose anything the default answer is always YES. This particular information goes on the Statement of Financial Affairs at question 2. It also must be disclosed on the Current Monthly Income test and on Schedule I as income.

6. Blake Owen Brewer

4

Answered . You must disclose all income you received in the six months prior to filing for bankruptcy. The link below gives a general indication of the median income cut offs, but even those who are above the median income can qualify for bankruptcy protection. The only real exclusion from the income disclosure for means test purposes is social security income. Go see an attorney in your area today for more details, using the find an attorney tab above.

7. William Joseph Kopp Jr.

2

Answered . yes, but it shouldn't matter if its that low.

8. Helene Karen Elizabeth Gatto

2

Answered . Yes to satisfy bankruptcy law's requirement that you disclose all sources of income. However, highly unlikely a small monthly contribution of $100 - $200 would make any difference to your situation so not sure why you are concerned with this.

9. Peter Walter Weston

Pro

3

Answered . Yes, disclose your income.
    A review is required for various purposes and time periods, such as the last 6 months of income received, the present income, your future expected income, and the last two years of income.
    Your bankruptcy attorney can guide you.
    Good luck

10. Dorothy G Bunce

Pro

3

Answered . Why would you even consider not telling the truth? Do you cheat on your taxes too? WWJD?

11. Brent J Jensen

1

Answered . Yes, you must disclose all income received in the last 6 months.