If charged with uttering forgery, what are the repercussions in the state of Florida?

Asked about 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

*first time ever arrested
*57 yrs old
*unknowing of the check having been fake

1. Tiffany Vanessa Colbert

4

Answered . The possible penalties based on the history could be anywhere from probation to PreTrial Intervention/ Diversion, although the maximum penalty is up to 5 yrs prison.

Contact a lawyer to discuss the specifics of your case.

2. Justin Gary Hausler

3

Answered . You need to speak with a lawyer about the facts. Generally, these cases are not about jail and more about restitution. Do not try to explain all that happened on this forum because you need to maintain confidentiality. What was the amount of the check? I handle these matters. I am available at 4076171064 if you'd like to have a free consultation.

3. Corey Ira Cohen

Pro

3

Answered . Depends on the facts but you should try for pre trial diversion which will get the charges dismissed. Call my office for a free consultation.

4. Mark H Randall

Pro

1

Answered . Sounds like you have a defense!

5. Arthur Collin Cherry

1

Answered . The possible penalties can be anywhere from PreTrial Intervention/ Diversion to the maximum penalty of 5 yrs prison per count. Generally these cases involve payment of restitution in exchange for a diversion program. Consult a lawyer with your specific facts.