If charged with uttering forgery, what are the repercussions in the state of Florida?

Orlando, FL |

*first time ever arrested
*57 yrs old
*unknowing of the check having been fake

1. You need to speak with a lawyer about the facts. Generally, these cases are not about jail and more about restitution. Do not try to explain all that happened on this forum because you need to maintain confidentiality. What was the amount of the check? I handle these matters. I am available at 4076171064 if you'd like to have a free consultation.

You can get a free consultation on this matter by calling 407-617-1064. Please understand that the information given is not to be construed as legal advice. More information would be needed in order to make a more accurate legal determination on your matter. Furthermore, an attorney-client relationship does not begin until a retainer agreement has been signed by the attorney and client.

2. The possible penalties based on the history could be anywhere from probation to PreTrial Intervention/ Diversion, although the maximum penalty is up to 5 yrs prison.

Contact a lawyer to discuss the specifics of your case.

For more information or to contact this attorney, visit http://www.thecolbertlawfirm.com or call 407-412-7234. This information is for general purpose only and does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney- client relationship.

3. Depends on the facts but you should try for pre trial diversion which will get the charges dismissed. Call my office for a free consultation.

For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at www.coreycohen.com

4. Sounds like you have a defense!

5. The possible penalties can be anywhere from PreTrial Intervention/ Diversion to the maximum penalty of 5 yrs prison per count. Generally these cases involve payment of restitution in exchange for a diversion program. Consult a lawyer with your specific facts.