If charged with Attpted 2nd % murder. Story was fabricated. If the accuser recinds story/refuses to cooperate can it be dropped

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

It was a DV dispute. Husband actually punched me in face, shoved me down and sliced open foot by door. I left house to go to ER. He knew he was in trouble, panicked took knife scratched him self on arm fabricated story that I attacked him with knife and said I was going to kill him. he refused medical care at scene. I was arrested with Battery and Attempt 2nd degree murder charge. If he recinds his statement or does not cooperate with state can this be dropped or will the state pursue this conviction. I live in florida .... I have lost my job with no questions asked, due to this and have no money really to defend myself. Any help or advise is greatly appreciated.....

1. Jimmy Allen Davis

10

Answered . If you cannot afford an attorney, my best advice would be for you to request the appointment of a public defender.

2. Corey Ira Cohen

Pro

10

Answered . Has the state filed formal charges against you yet? I would suggest your husband calls the state attorney and tell them the truth.

3. Evan Mitchell Kleiman

9

Answered . The State is the only the party that can drop charges. Your Husband cannot drop charges since he is not a party but only a witness in the case. Even though times are tough for you, I would strongly suggest hiring an experienced criminal defense attorney to repesent you. These are serious charges and as you can see are a life changing event. There are several excellent attorneys on this site that practice in Orlando that can assist you. Good Luck

4. Michael Douglas Shafer

9

Answered . Can it be dismissed? Yes. Whether it is dismissed is up to the DA.

5. James Regan

Pro

6

Answered . There is no confidentiality online.

The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL.org) Speak to several that offer free consultation. Hire one that you feel comfortable with and you can afford. FACDL find a lawyer: http://tinyurl.com/8e4h3my

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.