Skip to main content

If charged with asault on minor and held in jail wrongfully,do i have a case on the county responsable,

Tifton, GA |
Filed under: Civil rights

charged with asault on minor which did not happen ,at time of arrest no physcal evedince was seen,child was not taken to hospital,and defacs was not called .i was took to jail held for three weeks ,lost job,lost home,lost all personal belonging.what can i do about this and how

Attorney Answers 1


You may have a claim for a violation of your constitutional rights, but it will depend on the facts of the case. There are a number of hurdles to suing governmental entities and their employees. As a result, you should consult with a knowledgeable attorney who can advise you of your rights.

Mark as helpful




with you lic in ga law can you recomed anyone

Darl Hilton Champion Jr.

Darl Hilton Champion Jr.


You should probably try to find an attorney who practices in your geographic area. If I were you, I would look around Valdosta. Unfortunately, I do not know of any attorneys in Valdosta who handles this type of case, but I'm sure you can find one. Just search for some Valdosta attorneys on the internet and contact a couple.

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics