If case are taken into trial, can go to home country and apply for new VISA? Dose trial case could lead to inadmissible?

New York, NY |

charged with M1 theft, w/o prior record. Court offer a diversion program but denied by myself, and request my criminal lawyer to take it to trial since I insist i am innocent. Before the trial meeting at the end of the next month, could i still go to my home country to renew my F1 visa? Dose the proceeding trial case affect my VISA renew, even it is not a conviction? Thanks for help. Also looking for a qualified immigration lawyer can help for immigrant and also my current case.

1. Cross post in immigration.

---
    Sent wirelessly, please excuse typos and brevity.
    >

This answer has been prepared for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice of Todd A. Spodek, Esq., Storobin & Spodek, LLP, or any of its attorneys, and is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up-to-date. You should not act, or rely on any information in this website without seeking the independent advice of an attorney of your choice.

2. My experience is that it can be an issue. As my colleagues suggested contact an immigration attorney.