If breast enhancement causes chronic pain, are there options?

Asked over 1 year ago - Sacramento, CA

The doctor suggested 400 to 450 cc's implants. Lola went with 425 cc's. She is huge, and not in a sexy way. She has chronic back pain, she looks ridiculous, and she can't tie her shoes. I have looked on several web sites that allow you to put in age, weight, current breast size and the size you want to go to, and the range is all right around 300 cc's. My wife is in pain all the time, and I have had a stroke and we don't have the money. He said he will do the surgery but we have to purchase the implants at $2000. Is there any options for us? This is crazy. He says "results vary" but every site I have gone to with a calculator has said "300 cc's." Please advise; she needs help.

1. Sean Michael Patrick

6

Best Answer

Answered . I am located in Sacramento. You may have a case for medical malpractice if the doctor's recommendations fell below the standard of care. That is, if the doctor recommended something/ or didnt recommend something that other similiarly trained doctors would or would not have recommended. I would be happy to review the medical records with an expert to verify the validity of your case.

Pro

6

Answered . Have her bring her consent documents to a local med mal lawyer to evaluate.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  3. Jonathan H Levy

4

Answered . Medical malpractice is tough game in California however the doctor if he or she has a shred of decency should fix the breatss for free if you mention getting a lawyer on his case. Remember when you sue the doc you get their insurance company lawyer who needs to get his kids through college on the other end. See if the doc will work with you, if not, sue him.

4. Scott J. Corwin

Pro

4

Answered . I agree with the responding attorneys. You should consult with Mr. Patrick regarding your case. He is a fantastic attorney.

5. Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

5

Answered . While it would seem your surgeon used poor judgment, there are factors in augmentation which can all for larger implants. There are factors such as the age, frame and weight of the patient and the desired result.
    Most surgeons doing augmentations cover themselves with detailed informed consents.
    I suggest you find a surgeon out of your geographic area and that you obtain an experienced malpractice lawyer using the AVVO find a lawyer link.

6. David J. McCormick

5

Answered . Sorry to hear about your wife’s situation. I would take up Attorney Patrick’s offer and call him for a consultation.

7. Bradley J. Mancuso

2

Answered . You certainly may have a legitimate claim here. Feel free to call our Sacramento office for an initial phone intake.