If beneficiary of a will survives the testator of said will by 3 months, but dies before asset distribution, who gets assets?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Hemet, CA

Testator resided in Ohio, and beneficiary was intestate and resided in California. He is survived by one child and a spouse who is not the mother of said child. He has no deceased children. Under what state's intestate laws will assets be distributed and what percentages will the heirs receive?

1. Michael Raymond Daymude

Pro

Answered . Avvo is not the place for homework assistance or help with open book test questions.

2. Janet Lee Brewer

Pro

Answered . I agree with the other two attorneys. But assuming this is a real question, the place to start is to look at what the will says about survivorship ... is the beneficiary required to survive the testator by 30 days? Until distribution of the estate? Something else?

If this is a real question and the beneficiary's estate has not been probated yet, please contact my office. We would be happy to assist.

3. Keith G Langer

Answered . Indeed.

This has all the hallmarks of a student seeking someone to do his / her homework for them.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.