If attaching a proof of service to a motion, am I still required to fill out a serpater POS form to give the clerk?

Asked about 2 years ago - Fresno, CA

Filiing notice of motion and motion to strike. Attaching proof of service with motion being served.

1. Alison Swicker Gokal

5

1

Best Answer

Answered . No. Just make sure your POS is proper, following all of the requirements of CCP Section 1013a

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

4

Answered . Normally, the proof of service is attached as the last page of the document being filed with the court. If you do so, do not file a separate proof of service for the same document already filed.

3. Che Lewellyn Hashim

2

1

Answered . Generally I believe the clerk will take a POS related to such a notice and motion affixed to the original documents. You may run into some confusion with that method if you have a separate Notice and Motion (separate headings/documents) in which case it may be easier to have the POS be separate and reference both documents. If you call ahead the clerk may be able to answer this question depending on the procedure in your county, and if you can't get on the phone, bring as many different iterations of the filing and change for copies as you can to the clerk's office. if you're in pro per and polite, the clerk may be able to help you out. Good luck.