If at hospitals and emergencies there are no supervisors staying near licensed workers who take blood, can I win for bruises?

Brooklyn, NY |

And again the last time a was at emergency the person took my blood test. Does she have to know how to take blood test and avoid severe bruises to appear or the only thing they are taught in medical school that license is guaranteed, hospital is responsible not you, and practicing on dolls to draw a blood? I did a video of my bruised -heavily arm! This bruise stays for two weeks! f there are no supervisor next to worker who draws blood from me and severe bruises appear, can I sue for permanent assault? In other words, If licensed people bruising you different way isn't it the same as someone beat you up? This might be an important issue, because I believe that they do not know where to put needles exactly! What legal topic is this? Which court is this? Thank you!

1. This would definitely not be a case worth pursuing, but you should complain to the administrator of the hospital if you believe the personnel taking your blood lacks the necessary skill.

2. You seriously would spend your own money to file a lawsuit for bruises?

If this Answer was of assistance please mark it as "helpful." Mr. Pascale is licensed to practice law in the State of New York. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and time-lines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Pascale strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to insure proper advice is received.

3. It would cost more to prosecute the case than you could hope to recover.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

4. You would likely come out of this with a bruised ego