Skip to main content

If association took you to court and got judgement for certain amount can they ask for more and withhold water

Chesapeake, VA |
Filed under: Business

Husband is self employed and business took a hit and recently injured his hand to where he could not work for 2mths. Behind on mortgage so was not able to pay association fees and other smaller bills in the home. The association turned off the water and took him to court and was awarded a judgement for a certain amount which we gave an initial amount down and arranged to pay a certain amount a month with their lawyer and judge but now the association is asking for us to pay them more and additional amounts per month before they will turn our water on. Is that legal and what is my recourse because they have received an amount in good faith and an agreement with their attorney. We don't have individual meters and they have demanded money for meters and was included in the judgement .

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


They are ONLY entitled to the Judgment amount. Period.

Business topics

Recommended articles about Business

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer