If applying I-130 out the us does the petitioner get a appointment interview in us ?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Usa, Mobile, AL

I'm in Yemen I apply i-130 from her does it make it slower and if I get a interview can it be in us embassy in Yemen or I have to go back to us?

1. 4

1

Answered . no. If you apply in Yemen, the interview is going to be at the US Consulate there about a year from the date when I-130 was filed.

2. 1

Answered . I can only speak for the applications that are filed here locally in San Antonio, Texas and the I-130s are being decided here locally so it depends on the evidence submitted to prove the relationship. If plenty is submitted then they are approved without an interview. If you do not submit enough evidence, then USCIS will ask the petitioner to come in and provide something to show the marriage it real.

3. Answered . This will be done at the US consulate, not in the US, since that's what you chose