Skip to main content

If an officer uses threats against your family to get you to produce evidence can that evidence be suppressed?

Atlanta, GA |

Officers came to my house to search and after the search was performed one told me that if I didnt give them what they wont they would lock my wife up and take my kids. because of that fact I supplied them with enough material to charge me with a meth lab. They didnt give me a miranda warning and I was forced to incriminate myself by producing evidence.

Attorney Answers 3


You need to stay off line with your case facts. Prosecutors can read too and you don't need to be making additional admissions against interest.

Immediately contact a criminal defense attorney. Your answers are NOT going to come from the Internet.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


You have to hire a lawyer - stop posting online. You've asked this question twice now. The answers aren't going to change. There is. I doubt more to your story. Sit down with a lawyer. Tell the full story in confidence. Listen to the lawyers advice. Every time you post online you lessen your chances of success. Hire. A. Lawyer.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


I agree with my colleagues. My experience is that they will rarely will admit to something like that on the stand.

This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this answer. It is advisable that you seek individualized legal assistance. This is not a substitute for hiring an attorney.

Mark as helpful

Police misconduct topics

Recommended articles about Police misconduct

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics