Skip to main content

If an offender files for habeas corpus due to ineffective assistance of counsel can they receive more time?

Camilla, GA |

Will the sentence remain the same if the petition is not successful or can he receive more time?

Attorney Answers 2

  1. The sentence will not be increased if the petition is denied.

  2. Sentence remains the same.

    Darrell B. Reynolds,
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    2385 Lawrenceville Highway, Ste D
    Decatur, Ga. 30033

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics