If an insurance company takes weeks to claim liability will they be responsible for all storage fees?

Asked over 4 years ago - Exeter, NH

I am positive that the accident I was involved in was not my fault. The insurance company is telling me that it will take more than 15 business days to complete their investigation. When they do finally complete it will they be responsible for all storage fees?

1. Joseph A Blaszkow

Answered . In most jurisdictions, it is usually said that the claimant has a duty to mitigate (minimize) his damages. To be safe, I would have the vehicle towed. I would also seek to have the insurer accept responsibility for the tow charges, after the fact if need be. Good luck.

The author of this post is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia, Maryland, and Virginia. This post is intended as general information only, and is not provided as legal advice in connection with any specific case, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.