If an immigrant/tourist on ESTA got married to a U.S. citizen, could he/she remain in the United States?

Bay Village, OH |

-Can the proof of financial support form, I-864, be filled out by a third party sponsor other than the spouse?

1. Yes
    and Yes

Please see link below for more information. We would be happy to assist you

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. The petitioner must file the I864. If the petitioner's income is insufficient to overcome the public charge requirement, a cosponsor may be used. So long as the flreign national has or can obtain proof of kawful admission (stamp in passport or I94) then they can remain in the US. It is wise to retain counsel for any filing with CIS.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Testified before U.S. Senate
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Marriage and prenups topics