If an illegal alien gives birth to their child in the united states, what is the process for the parents.

Asked almost 3 years ago - Bixby, OK

Are the parents deported right away? And what happens to the child

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jeffrey N Lisnow

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . Consult with an attorney regarding your worries.

    LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The answer(s) given are only to be deemed general in nature as all of the facts of your case... more
  2. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your child becomes a US citizen by birth.


  3. Michael Archuleta II

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . The child becomes a US citizen by birth. US citizen children may petition for their parents when they are 21 years old. You should see an immigration attorney who can review all your facts and provide you with a legal opinion regarding your current situation.

    The statement made by Michael Archuleta above is based on the facts given and is not intended to be a legal... more
  4. William D. Fong

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . it will depend on the nature of the immigration violations of the parents. Typically, parents are not deported for giving birth to children in the US. The child is a US citizen. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

21,984 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

21,984 answers this week

2,881 attorneys answering