If an excluded unlicensed driver ran a stop sign and i hit him and he was ticketed is there any way i dont have to pay deductibl

Asked over 1 year ago - Lafayette, LA

I had to file a claim since driver was not on moms policy and unlicensed and excluded. We have same insurance company. According to insurance company i cannot go after her policy and thus had to file my own claim. I was not at fault and i shouldnt have to pay my deductible.

1. Merry Melinda Fountain

Pro

5

Answered . Check your policy - if you have coverage for uninsured motorists you usually will not need to pay a deductible. On your declaration page it may be abbreviated as UM. Some insurance companies still require you to pay part, but not all, of the deductible if your have it. I practice in Indiana and your state may handle this differently, but in Indiana you are not required to have uninsured motorist coverage to drive legally. If you were injured and have uninsured motorist coverage you should contact a personal injury attorney in your state. Many are listed on this web site under Find a Lawyer and most initial consultations are free.

2. Andrew Daniel Myers

4

Answered . I agree that if you were not at fault you should not have to pay the deductible. Insurance companies will do anything to wiggle out of payment. Push your company, call them every day, and ask for the supervisor or claims manager. If the other company does not do the right thing, file a small claim against the other driver. More on insurance: BLUE LINK BELOW

3. George Costas Andriotis

2

Answered . Harass the insurance carrier until they do the right thing and waive the deductible. Another option is taking the adverse to small claims court.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

Pro

2

Answered . Hound insurance company to waive deductible.