IF AN ATTORNEY IS UNTRUTHFUL….

Columbus, OH |

Defendant’s attorney provided a false statement to the court that they attempted to meet and conference, and made one attempt. However Plaintiff provided evidence, that the meet and conference was initiated by the Plaintiff who made three attempts and Defendants attorney replied each time. Defendant then provided the Rule 26 (f) Report of the Parties and provided their own dates regarding discovery ect. Can the Defendant attorney make a false statement to the court to have the Rule 26 (f) Report of the parties decided in their favor regarding the discovery dates?

Are you a pro se Plaintiff? If so, you will be held to the same standard of knowledge of the rules and laws as the Defendant's attorney. If you think you can do this by yourself, file your own dates and let the court decide. You can also include our own version of what happened. However, an unanswered email or phone call may be considered an attempt...

I am an Ohio-licensed attorney. The information is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation. Answering this question does not in any way constitute legal representation. Contacting me does not constitute legal representation, nor is any information you provide protected by attorney-client privilege until otherwise advised. kmatre@matrelaw.com