If an affidavit of paternity is filed in Indiana, is it subject to other state laws when it comes to child support?

Kingsville, TX |

Another state is trying to have jurisdiction over the affidavit filed in Indiana.

1. If the father admits paternity, orders filed in that court can b taken to and enforced by other states

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced mainly in Los Angeles and Orange County, California. I am not seeking clients from existing relationships with other attorneys, and give only limited advise over the phone (the phone is primarily used to set appointments), these services do not create an attorney client relationship. I apologize for mispelling< as I am a lousy typist, My answers may offend as I do not believe in pulling punches or sugar coating the truth. Further regarding courts in other states my opinions are largely based on logic and what I think is the modern trend which is to consider the needs of the child.

Child support topics