If an adult is in a guardianship, do they have a right to receive medical care if the guardian does not want them to ?

Asked about 1 year ago - West Allis, WI

A guardian does not want her ward to receive medical care, food or water. The state ombudsman and every body above her refuses to help. The ward wants medical care, food and water. The guardian placed the ward on hospice care. The ward does not want to be on hospice care.

1. Maxwell Charles Livingston

Pro

Answered . I agree that it may be necessary to substitute guardians under these facts. You can certainly contact me further for further assistance.

2. John P Corrigan

1

1

Answered . Meet with an elder care lawyer to discuss potential to bring a petition before the court having jurisdiction over the guardianship. If there is a more appropriate guardian the a removal petition could be instituted to replace e current guardian.