If Adult Protective Services left my parents in a unsafe environment and my mom broke her hip, what can we do?

Asked 11 months ago - Modesto, CA

I have been taking care of my parents for over 4 years without a day off without pay. I moved into their home and eventually had to quit my job. . My 4 siblings have refused to help but they decided I was spending to much money , turned me into APS for financial abuse. I never got a chance answer to the allegations. My older sister told them I was homeless when I moved in and APS told me I should be happy to have a roof over my head. WE had a family meeting w/ APS, siblings were to pay me $800 mo and help out e/o wkend.. They have not done this. My dad has alzheimers , heart and kidney failure , mom is legally blind. I called APS last week and told them I was exhausted, no one helping, APS refused to help me and 30 min later I tripped fell towards my mom and she broke her hip.

1. James Gregory Las Cola

4

Answered . Hi, The answer to your question is you should attempt to contact as many and as many different kinds of attorneys as you see fit regarding the various alarming issues presented but you should do it privately. You would be well advised to refrain from any further public posting of private information in this or any other public forum like the internet. You can use the search function here at Avvo.com to access some of the finest attorneys in the country.

2. Ian A. Scharg

Pro

1

Answered . You should contact an attorney in your area to assist you with any issues may have. Use the 'Find a Lawyer' function on Avvo to help you. Best of luck.