If a young child is injured at daycare and requires surgery due to injury do I have a case?

Asked 4 months ago - Reno, NV

The daycare asked parents to sign a consent form so they wouldn't be liable for injury.
My daughters finger was slammed in a door and need reconstructive surgery.
The way my daughter was given to me after the incident was disgusting. ( covered in urine and blood).
Daycare said they would help pay for the medical bills and when contacted at a later time refused to help.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Matthew William Hoffmann

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You certainly have a case for your daughter. Contact an attorney right away.

    This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an... more
  2. Richard S. Johnson


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You may have a case on behalf of your daughter. Use. the "Find a Lawyer" tab above and consult with a few attorneys in your area.

  3. William Berry Palmer

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes you have a potential case for your child against the daycare. You should contact an attorney as soon as possible. Make sure to stay away from tv and billboard attorneys.

  4. Christopher Thomas Conway

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should have a case for your daughter. Consent forms are often unenforceable especially if your daughter's injury was due to the negligence of the day care employees. You should contact a local attorney right away who specializes in premises liability matters.

Related Topics

Personal injury

If you suffer a personal injury as the result of the actions or negligence of another, you may seek financial compensation for physical or emotional damages.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,078 answers this week

2,879 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,078 answers this week

2,879 attorneys answering