If a warrant of removal is not executed on the date stated by the courts, can they still execute the removal the following day?

Asked about 1 year ago - Jersey City, NJ

We have a WOR dated for yesterday, I have called and i have texted my landlord to give us till Saturday to move because we have an Apt that is available and I have given the rent and partial security deposit already but we can not move in till the deposit is fully paid, which will be Saturday 9/14,
The land lord has not replied back to accept or decline my request for my family and I.

We had a Stay for 7 days which expired on 9/10/2014 , but the new apt will not be accessible till 9/14.
Does the landlord have to file a new request for a removal? or can the Sheriff still remove my family after the date stated? I have 3 children 7 months, 10 years old and 15 years old, and my mother is very ill and can not be moved in such a rush. Please some one advise...

1. Alex Gregory Isbell

5

Answered . Dear Sir or Madam,

I think that you've posted this question in the wrong forum. This is an immigration law forum, and "removal" in the immigration context is something entirely different. You should see if AVVO has a section on landlord tenant law.

Alex

2. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . I'm not sure why this is in the immigration field.

Try re-classifying it ... or putting in the landlord/tenant area.

3. J. Christopher Keen

3

Answered . This is a landlord tenant question. With several children to care for, I encourage you to plan carefully so this type of situation doesn't occur in the future.

4. John K Lassen

1

Answered . This is an LT question

www.Immigration-Lawyer-NJ.com

John Lassen 1-877-252-4630