If a warrant is out for my arrest can I get back into America?

Asked about 4 years ago - New York

I was arrested in California a few years ago and then did not go to my court date. I haven't returned to America since then. If I go back to America now and I fly into New York, will I be arrested once I go through customs and they check my passport.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

Answered . If the warrant was placed in the system, it will likely pop up when you clear Immigration and be acted upon at Customs. You should retain a California attorney to try and get the warrant vacated. The more serious the charge, the more likely its in the system. The above is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advise.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

Answered . It is very possible you be considered inadmissible to there may be some other complications with the warrant. Why don't you contact me privately and we can discuss this in detail.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global, PLLC.
    716 830 7960
    misitiglobal@misitiglobal.com

3. Wayne Rodgers Foote

Pro

Answered . This is not a question for this forum. You need to contact immigration counsel. Much will depend upon your immigration status. You may be denied entry. You may be denied permission to fly. These are things that you need to discuss in confidence with an immigration attorney. This is an open forum and no confidentiality is possible.