If a US citizen marries an Australian citizen in Australia, and wants to bring them back to the USA, which visa?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

from my research I think that the CR1 is best, but my question is, does the US citizen have to apply for this for his wife from the USA, or can he do it from Australia?
I also read online that the total cost by the end of it all is $945 is this correct?
And is it basically guaranteed to be approved as long as you can prove that the relationship is genuine and as long as you make more than the 125% poverty line, or have a co-sponsor if you do not? Thanks in advance.

1. Priti Khanna

Answered . You have to petition for your spouse from the United States. To speak to an attorney in further detail regarding this case, please call our office at 404-903-4486.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

1

Answered . You can only marry one person. So them would not be an option unless them means spouse and stepchildren under the age of 18. CR1 is the visa. I-130 is the form.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . To meet the requirements for the affidavit of support, the US spouse must reside in the US.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.