If a U visa holder goes to his country and marries over there is it possible to bring your spouse to the United States

Asked over 2 years ago - Fullerton, CA

Like Apply for the dependent wife on a U 2 or the derivative family member.
How long it takes for the whole process

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Desiree B Dominguez

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes it is possible. See the link provided below for the current processing times.


    ImmigrationHelpAttorney.com (714) 871-4529 (714) U.S. 1 - 4 LAW The statement above is general in nature and... more
  2. Robert West

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Possible, read the processing times on the USCIS website.

  3. Belen Teresa Gomez

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . I agree with my collegues. This is possible. Something to keep in mind however is that the U visa is not generally used for travel. I would recommend contacting an attorney to help prepare your entry (and the entry of your spouse) into the U.S. should you encounter difficulty.

  4. Theodore John Murphy


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It is possible. Hire an experienced immigration attorney to help.

    The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,605 answers this week

3,235 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,605 answers this week

3,235 attorneys answering