If a title pawn becomes delinquent, the vehicle is totaled, and i cant pay it yet, can i go to jail?

Columbus, GA |

i am going to pay the loan this month, but it becomes delinquent tommorrow. and if i go to jail i lose my job and definitely cant pay

No. There's no debtor's prison, so while you could be sued CIVILLY for breach of contract in not repaying the debt, you can't be charged CRIMINALLY.

Avvo doesn't pay us for these responses, and I'm not your lawyer just because I answer this question or respond to any follow-up comments. If you want to hire me, please contact me. Otherwise, please don't expect a further response. We need an actual written agreement to form an attorney-client relationship. I'm only licensed in CA and you shouldn't rely on this answer, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it's impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

Car loan topics