If a tenant makes a threat that is recorded w / o her consent , can this be used in a UD action ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Highland Park, Los Angeles, CA

If my ex - wife threatens me and my family to burn down the home I live in , which is my moms , who is also the owner of the property she lives in , and this is recorded , can I use this recording in a UD action to evict her ?

1. Sean Patrick Lewis

Answered . Where was the recording taken? In public, there is often no expectation of privacy, and you might be fine recording something that takes place in public.

In private circumstances, such as on a telephone call, the rules change quite a bit.

As for whether the threat is a basis for a UD action, that may or may not be possible. She threatened you, not her landlord. Also, it isn't clear what type of agreement your Ex has with your mom as to the terms of her rental.