Skip to main content

If a soldier goes to jail in civilian world or military world does the spouse or ex-spouse still get their money?

Illinois |

spouse currently have a felony and misdemenor in the state of wisconsin. He may be going to jail. if he does go to jail does his spouse (soon to be ex-spouse) still receive their money or child support

Attorney Answers 1


In Illinois, if the court has ordered a parent to pay child support, if there is income, the child support will continue. A court ordered must be modified by a person filing a Motion to Modify child support, showing a substantial change in circumstances. What I've seen happen is that the amount of child support keeps piling up while in jail, and then he is required to begin making payments once out of jail. Each case is different, as is each judge on the way they rule on these types of situations.

Good luck.

Mark as helpful