If a psychiatrist falsely documents behavior and civilly commits you by a judge and is caught in lie can you sue?

White Plains, NY |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I was in a psychiatric hospital and refused to take a doctors recommendation which was medication, she didn't like that I was knowledgable and took me to court. Prior to court she created documentation to support her case and the day of court my attorney caught her in lies on the stand, the judge still sided with her although with his own ears he saw for himself and heard that I was nothing of what she was describing me as. That was not a surprise because my attorney told me this judge never lets anyone go. Can I sue her for false imprisionment since she was caught in lies by my attorney on the stand and I know that the chart my attorney recieved has all the original documentation and after court she took some documentation out of the chart.

1. The judge decided based on the evidence, true or false. You can sue, of course, and can search out an attorney here with AVVO search. It may be hard to convince a jury the the psychiatrist had a reason to lie that was so compelling that she would risk her license to persectute you. When you get your AVVO search results, review profiles, pick one you like, call and discuss fees. Make an appointment.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

2. You have not mentioned what "lie" she was caught in or whether it was a material fact, a discrepancy, or a minor detail. I doubt that you will be able to find a lawyer who will pursue the matter but you can call Avvo lawyers and get free consultations. You would need absolute proof of misconduct and money damages.