If a probation officer really likes you can they ignore violations and not revocate you. Even if you are charged with a 4th DWI

Dousman, WI |
Filed under: DUI defense

withing 5 yrs and you are being charged with a felony for this? Or does anyone else also oversee your file?

Your agent is not the only person who has to make decisions. His or her supervisor also has to approve all decisions made in regards to your probation.

If you are on probation for DWI 3rd and are charged with DWI 4th, there is very little chance that the agent will not pursue revocation on your case. Your attorney can fight for treatment and additional probation, but the judicial climate is very anti-defendant on these kinds of cases. You will need to have some very extenuating circumstances to overcome the new charge.

Your best bet will be to fight for an alternative to revocation, and make sure your 4th DWI is your last. You will be looking at increasing time in prison for each new offense, and less opportunities for treatment.

I wish you the best of luck.

I agree, the agent doesn't have the last word. His or her supervisor does.

Please see the answers posted to your previous question:

Again, good luck!

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI